Saturday, March 14, 2009

Traveling misfortunes...the story of my life...

well, i was all set. on my way to africa. riiiight. my travel plans can never go as planned. NEVER. i missed my flight to london, and guess what??!! yay...im stuck in newark for 3 DAYS!!! i don't leave here until monday night and i don't get into tanzania until wednesday morning. SO frustrating. So i'm stuck here in jersey, by myself, with inadequate clothing for the COLD outside. sad times. and im missing part of the cultural immersion program i paid ans digned up for in africa with cultural/swahili language lessons. last night, when it all happened, i was just so frsutrated and in tears. im a bit better with it now, although i really wish i could just get a move on to tanzania. THAT'S where i want to be right now, definitely not stuck in jersey. anyway, i've gotten in touch with my director and he says he WILL be there to pick me up wednesday. i surely hope so.

on a side note, i am going to the Univeristy of Colorado in Boulder for graduate school this fall. i'm excited. i love that place, and my friends who already live out there.

i'll keep you all updated! WISH ME A SAFE JOURNEY!!!...that actually gets me there by wednesday!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on going to school in Boulder! That's so exciting and I will definitely have to come out and visit since so many people are out there and then you will be of course.

    Have a great time and hope all the craziness worked out!

    ReplyDelete