Saturday, May 30, 2009

Only 2 Weeks Left

i cant believe it! ill be home in 2 weeks. its crazy. a part of me really is sooo sad to leave, but theres also a part of me thats really looking forward to going home and seeing so many of the other people who are so precious to me. my sister and i both have a bit of a countdown going on to when we'll see each other again!

ok, so, the one thing i REALLY miss the most about home (besides my sister, of course) is being a normal person who no one pays attention to. the "mzungu" thing is really getting sooo old. i cant take it any more!!! instead of getting used to all the attention and yells my presence seems to conjure, i hate it more and more each day. ive gotten to the point where i HATE to be anywhere other than home or school. i DREAD having to run errands because i DONT want to be the center of attention anymore. i hate it so much!! it doesnt bother me nearly as much if im with a tanzanian friend because then its easier for me to ignore the other people. but if im alone, its torturous. i cant wait to blend in with everyone else again.

thursday was my last actual day of teaching. now we're in final exams and this coming friday will be my last day with the students. :( im going one day early this week to buy many of them gifts like clothes, watches, jewelry...things like that. also, when i get home im going to be attempting to do some serious fund raising for the needs here. many of the students need to have their school fees paid for, and the cassie and i both want a new library to be built in benny's honor which will cost quite a lot of money. also, she and i are still wanting to find money to send the child, Father, to school away from his mother. so yeah, the number im looking to raise is quite high, and im going to need as much as possible.

its going to be really hard to leave a few of the people here, especially those at my house. my two buddies, i could say my closest "brothers" are iwe and lusekelo. iwe speaks better english than any of my peers, and he has become my confidante. i tell iwe everything...all the things that make me sad, happy, angry. everything. he hears all my complaints about school. poor iwe. he probably dreads seeing me these days! haha. and lusekelo is my buddy. what can i say? i love that kid so much. i definitely spend more time with him than anyone else and he speaks much better english than he seemed to at first (plus he has improved a lot). so between his english and my swahili we barely have any problems communicating. im going to be so sad to leave him. everyday he tells me he loves me so much and that hes going to miss me so much when i leave. he says the house will be so boring without me there, he then proceeds to imitate every single person there to show me that he will be lonely. haha. its def too hard to explain over the internet, but its hilarious. he has decided he wants to go back to school, so i also really want to help find funding for him because he is my FAVORITE.

at my house, my "family's" favorite words to describe me are "charming" and "funny." they always tell me they will miss me so much, and that does NOT help me feel less sad about leaving. albert (who is my favorite in a tie with lusekelo) asks me every single day when i will come back. and everyday i say i dont know. oooh, i really do hope i can make it back to visit soon, especially since bibi and babu are so old. by the way, bibi and babu have the best stories ever. ill have to share some of those later. for now, i need to get going. but ill see many of you in 2 weeks! i cant believe it. i know its going to FLY by!

No comments:

Post a Comment